Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 5 = San Diego to Alpine, Ca








The morning begins with bft at the trailer, which is where many of my ams will begin. We're riding our bikes to Dog Beach to dip our rear tires in the Pacific Ocean!! That means you get to the beach, take off shoes, socks, lay down the extra junk and carry your bike down to the water. Where's a sherpa when you need him????



















Now I have to say "Goodbye" to my daughter who was so sweet to come out with me and carry all of her Mom's "crap" back to Las Vegas and mail home to Fla for me!! Anyone who knows me and has carried my luggage knows I'm over the weight limit. After stopping 3 times on the way out and moving, dropping, thinning, and leaving stuff, I still have to much. Changing from suitcase to gym bag of Ginger's really helped. I've given up many articles of clothing: like a bathrobe, heavy jacket, makeup bags, nail polish, and so much more!!!!!!




Left Dogs Beach at 0900, headed down great rails to trail along the water, so beautiful!!! Then, into downtown San Diego, Friday am traffic, oh yea merging is so fun, especially going RIGHT!!! OK, so I knew the first big hill would be hard, "SHORT FAT WOMEN WHO LIVE AT SEA LEVEL SHOULDN'T BE UPPPPPPPPPPPP HERE" I've said that many times before and just don't learn! Couldn't get into the granny gear, so we cross train and walk. Thank goodness I walk the old 7 mile bridge @ home everyday I can! I can walk and push a bike almost any grade at 3 mph, faster than most bikers on same hill!! So three times that day we cross train. Arrive in Alpine at 1430 = 34 miles at 2200 elevatio ( remember we came from sea level today)! Grat hotel, dinner outside at the trailer: tilapia, fig/bean salad, rice et al = wonderful!! First, roommate = Sue from Dallas + Great girl!! Seesuespin.blogspot.com (she writes the best BLOG)!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lynn! Congratulations on this great adventure! Will be following you with great interest!
    Dave Sanderson

    ReplyDelete