Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sea to Sea with Cylgl

New Adventure = Pacific Ocean to Atlantic Ocean with Women's Tour's = March 4 - April 30, 2010 = 25 CHICKS ONLY!!


Have been planning, looking forward and trying to figure out how to do this trip for years!! This past year was a big birthday year, so why not give yourself this for the present of a lifetime!

I had a little bump in the road in January and thought for 3 weeks this trip might be cancelled. With the help of my wonderful MD's Alberto and Jean Claude and the outstanding Imaging staff at Mariner's Hospital, I was medically cleared to ride!!!! Many thanks to all including my best friends, boss Lindsey and coworkers, who helped me through a tuff bump!!!!

One of the hardest things I had to do was to give up a GREAT job and GREAT work friends!! So I resigned work in February!! Took off to the Everglades: bicycling, kayaking and camping with some friends, drove home to NC for to few days with my special fellow of 29 years, flew to Las Vegas to visit my oldest daughter Ginger and then, she and I drove to San Diego to enjoy the beginning of my adventure together!!!!!!

The second hardest thing to do was to leave Zane Grey(18 month old, Golden Doodle) at home, he wasn't allowed to come with Mom! A good friend Rodney has Zane Grey at home, I'm sure he'll be on a completly different schedule or get Rodney on a new one! I can never thank him enough for taking care of my baby and loving him for me!!!

Many people have asked me "who I'm raising $$$ for and how to sponsor me". Any moneys recieved will go to the Marathon Dog Park in Marathon, Fl. Over the last 1 1/2 yrs many of us have worked very hard to raise money and awarness of the need for a dog park. The park opened this past Dec!! We still have to raise money to maintain et al the park!!! So you can send sponsorships to me at PO Box 500988, Marathon, Fl 33050! Many thanks in advance from Zane Grey and his friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment